MARS® BAR & PANKO TRUFFLES
I figured that adding Mars® bars to my truffle recipe would earn me some serious brownie points with my boyfriend.
I even surprised myself with the idea of adding panko bread crumbs to firm up the ganache and give it a bit of crunch, which I love. 🙂
If you’re impatient like me and refrigerating time seems interminable, pour the ganache into a bigger dish so it’s less thick and will cool faster.
If you find you’re having difficulty making the ganache into balls because it’s too runny, just pop it in the freezer for a few minutes. That should do the trick.
- ServesYields 6 truffles
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time5 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 Mars® bars
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons 35% cream
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Cocoa powder
- In a double boiler or in the microwave, melt the Mars® bars, butter, and cream. Mix until smooth.
- Add the panko and mix well.
- Pour into a dish and refrigerate for 1 hour or until the ganache is firm.
- Shape mixture into 1-tablespoon balls. Roll each ball in cocoa powder.
Tips & tricks
If the balls don’t hold together well, put them in the freezer for a few minutes.
Store in the refrigerator.