Raspberry & maple flakes whipped ice cream cookie sandwiches
Your dentures will thank me later. The deep secret to any great whipped ice cream cookie sandwich lies in the texture of the cookie. Ideally, you don’t want to break your teeth with each bite.
This recipe is simple perfection. Let me know what you think.
- Serves6 sandwichs
- Prep time25 min
- Cook time8 min
- Timeout4 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
Chewy chocolate chip cookies
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of chocolate chips, as preferred
- 3/4 cup 35% whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 cup of fresh Québec raspberries
- Maple flakes
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and place the rack at the center of it
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl then set aside.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, melted butter and egg in another bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients while stirring with a wooden spoon then add the chocolate chips.
- Split the dough in 12 equal parts, then roll them up into balls. Press them down into the baking sheet, 1 cm apart. Bake for 8 minutes, then let cool completely.
- Whisk the cream and maple syrup with a hand-held mixer until stiff peaks form. Add the raspberries and stir gently.
- Garnish 6 cookies with the raspberry whipped cream and top with 6 other cookies. Freeze for 4 hours.
- Before serving, roll the sandwiches in the maple flakes.