Frozen lemon pie
Photo credit: Cindy Boyce
I love lemons, and lemons love me. I use them everywhere, in everything. Any kind of lemon flavoured dessert? I’m in. Sweet, but not too sweet and I’m in heaven.
- Serves8 - 10 Portions
- Prep time25 min
- Cook time10 min
- Timeout4 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/2 cup of Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of almond powder
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 lemon’s juice
- 1 lemon’s zest
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of cold butter, diced
- 2 cups of vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and place the rack at the center of it
- Mix all the crust ingredients together, then line a 9” fluted round tart pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the oven, then let cool completely.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, honey, eggs and egg yolks in a small pot. Cook on medium-high heat and stir constantly until it thickens. Remove from heat and add the butter gradually while whisking.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let it thaw for a few minutes. Add the lemon mix, and stir together well, then garnish the crust.
- Freeze for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018