Lentil & tomato curry lamb
Photo credit: Cindy Boyce
This recipe will make your house smell so spicy it’ll feel like you actually were in India for a meal.
- Prep time25 mins
- Cook time1 hour
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 700g of lamb stew cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of ground cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of ground sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 cups of butternut squash, diced
- 1 can (398 ml) of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of red lentils
- 2 cups of beef broth
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat the vegetable over medium-high heat in a pot then brown the lamb cubes.
- Add the onion, garlic and spices then cook for a minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients, apart from the fresh cilantro, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover then continue cooking over low heat for an hour while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cilantro when ready to serve.
Tips & tricks
Can be frozen. Keeps for 5 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018