Beef keftas, roasted vegetables & lime yogourt sauce
- Serves4 to 6
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time35 min
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 700 g of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of almond powder (or ground almonds)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon couscous spices
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of plain breadcrumbs
- Thirty cherry tomatoes
- 1 eggplant, diced in 2 cm pieces
- 3 sliced zucchinis, 1 cm thick
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 12 mini-pitas, store bought
- 1 cup of plain yogourt
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/2 lime’s juice and zest
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat oven at 425°F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- Add all Kefta ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Shape 15 balls and lay them onto the baking sheet.
- Mix all the vegetables ingredients together, without the mini-pitas, and lay them onto a baking sheet as well.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then add the mini-pitas 5 minutes before it’s done.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together then serve.
Tips & tricks
Can be frozen without the sauce
Recipe published on August 19, 2018