Beef stew & carrot sauce
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time3 hours
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 kg of stew beef, diced
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 cups of carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups of carrot juice
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 2 of rosemary twigs
- 4 fresh oregano twigs
- 2 cups of small potatoes, sliced in half
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and place the rack at the centre of it.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a dutch oven over high heat, then brown the beef for 5 minutes. Try not to move it too much, to get good colours on it. Season generously.
- Add the onions and tomato paste, then continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the small potatoes, then season again. Cover then cook for 2 hours. Add the potatoes, and then continue cooking for 1 hour.
- Check the seasoning and fix if needed, then serve.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018