Red curry beef chuck roast
- Prep time5 mins
- Cook time4 hours
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 beef chuck roast of about 1,5 kg
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of red curry paste
- 1 can (389 ml) of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Heat the vegetable oil over high heat in a Dutch oven then sear the roast on each side.
- Add the onions and continue cooking for a few minutes until they soften. Deglaze with water.
- Add the curry paste and coconut water, cover then cook in the oven for 4 hours.
- Check and adjust seasoning if needed, then top with cilantro to serve.
Tips & tricks
Cook on low heat for 6 hours in the crockpot.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018