Gherkins with caramelized onions, lemon & cumin Lamb keftas
Photo credit: Cindy Boyce
This is the perfect recipe for summer time since it can either be cooked in the oven or on the barbecue. It is very simple to put together and it’s a perfect nibbler to be served with cocktails when you entertain at home.
- Serves2 to 4 Portions
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time10 àto 15 min
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 lb of ground lamb
- 1/4 cup of Maille Gherkins with caramelised onions
- 2 of chopped french onions
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 a lemon’s zest
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of plain bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Preheat the oven at 400°F and place the rack at the center of it. Line a baking sheet.
- Combine all ingredients then mix together.
- Shape the keftas with a ¼ cup of this mix. Then slide onto your wooden skewers and lay onto the baking sheet. Repeat with the whole mix.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the center is fully cooked, then served.
Tips & tricks
Can be frozen before baking.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018