CREAMY GREEN SALAD
I’ll always remember shooting this video for two reasons. First, because the recipe is delicious and reminds me of my grandmothers, and second, because I totally cricked my neck dancing at the end of the video. Unfortunately, the camera didn’t catch it, but we were busting out our silliest moves for five minutes. Well, that’ll teach me a lesson!
Since I’ve been big on quick-and-easy stuff lately, I like to make large batches of dressing and save them in the fridge for later. That way I can grab a quick meal when I’m hungry and, above all, eat healthy.
This perfectly creamy green salad goes well with fish and meat. To make it into a meal, just add some protein, such as two eggs, 3 oz of canned tuna, or grilled chicken.
I also put together a list of ingredients that I like to add to my green salads that you might not have thought of. They make a nice change and are really delicious:
Rice or couscous
Hearts of palm
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingFreezes well
For the salad
- 1 green leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1 Boston lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup radishes, thinly sliced (or as desired)
- 1 avocado, diced
- Basil, to taste
Replacement optionsor other fresh herb of your choosing
For the creamy dressing
- 1/4 cup 15% cream
Replacement optionsor 35% cream
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup shallots, finely chopped (or to taste)
Replacement optionsor 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
Replacement optionsor maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the creamy dressing ingredients. Mix well, pour over the salad, and toss.