- Prep time5 min
- Cook time12 min
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 15 Nantes carrots, peeled and sliced into 2 cm thick pieces (or 4 cups of frozen carrots)
- 2 teaspoons of corn starch
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup of curd cheese
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the carrots for 6 to 8 minutes, or until they soften, then strain.
- Dilute the corn starch in water, then add the soy sauce, orange juice and honey. Pour this mix into a pan, and heat until it thickens (about 2 minutes). Add the carrots and cook for another minute.
- Add the basil, curd cheese and stir, then serve immediately.
Tips & tricks
Serve with red meat, chicken or pork.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018