Sauted vegetables & smoked tofu on ramen noddles
- Serves4 Portions
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time15 min
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 (210 g) piece of smoked or plain tofu, diced in small 2cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 cups of eggplant, diced
- 1 box (227 g) of white mushrooms, quartered
- 3 bok choys, leaves off
- 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce (or black bean & garlic sauce)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 4 packs of ramen noddles, store-bought
- 3 shallots, chopped
- Heat the vegetable and sesame oil in a large non-stick pan then roast the tofu pieces for 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger, eggplant and mushrooms then keep baking for 8 more minutes.
- Then add the bok choy, hoisin sauce, water and sesame seeds. Mix together and bake for 2 minutes.
- Bake the ramen noodles following the instructions on the box, then top with the vegetable tofu sautee as well as with a few chopped shallots.
Tips & tricks
The black bean and garlic sauce is easily found in stores.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018