A simple salad mix to make the most out of this season’s harvest. Don’t worry about prepping all the zucchini with a peeler, all you have to do is mince with a sharp knife. If you get a few zucchini flowers in the garden, you can add them to the salad.
I recommend you enjoy this salad as soon as it is mixed with the dressing, as the zucchinis tend to soften quickly.
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time35 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 4 small garden zucchinis
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 de cup of fresh herbs (chive, parsley, thyme, oregano, basil)
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Use a peeler, a sharp knife or a mandolin to slice large ribbons with the zucchinis, length-wise. Set aside.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Add all the salad ingredients, and mix until well-combined. Enjoy right away with feta cheese or grilled fish.