Bread with brie & balsamic strawberry salsa
If you remember seeing this recipe somewhere, you’re right: it was the recipe of the month featured in our July newsletter. It was so popular that I decided to put it on the blog so everyone could try it! I’m generous like that 😉
To make this even more gourmet for brunch, replace the ciabatta bread with croissants. Totally CRAY-CRAY!
- ServesServes 12
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time12 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pinch of fleur de sel (or sea salt), to taste
- 1 ciabatta baguette, halved lengthwise
- Olive oil, as needed
- 12 oz Brie cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries, honey, balsamic vinegar, pepper, and fleur de sel.
- Place the ciabatta halves on the baking sheet and slather with olive oil. Cover with Brie slices and top with balsamic strawberry salsa.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle with pistachios and serve immediately.