Leek & bacon crostini
My mother-in-law created a perfect mix of leek, bacon, mayonnaise, and cheese that she uses to top ciabatta crostini. You can prepare the mix in advance and refrigerate it until you’re ready to move on to Steps 2 and 3.
- ServesYields 20 bites
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time15 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 9 oz leeks
- 16 oz extra-old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crispy bacon, roughly chopped
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 ciabatta baguette, sliced into crostini rounds
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients apart from the bread and refrigerate for 1 hour or until it’s time to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread ciabatta slices on the baking dish. Top each slice with the leek mixture. Bake for 15 minutes and serve immediately.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018