Salsa verde : Tomatillo, green pepper, cilantro & lime
I wanted to mix things up a little bit with this slightly different version of the classic salsa recipe we’re used to making.
I made this recipe with tomatillos, a green fruit that is similar to green tomatoes or ground cherries. They can be found in the canned goods or when in season at the market.
- Serves3 cups
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time5 mins
- Timeout10 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 can (820 ml) of whole green tomatillos
- 1 large green pepper, cored and diced
- 6 shallots, minced
- 2 cups of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 a lime’s juice
Replacement optionslemon juice, white vinegar
- A few tabasco drops, as preferred
Replacement optionsyour preferred spicy sauce
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 1 bag of corn chips, as preferred (to serve)
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor, without the chips.
- Serve with the chips.
Tips & tricks
You can also serve this salsa with vegetables or on a piece of chicken, round steak, eggs, quesadillas or tacos etc.