Watermelon & tomato gazpacho
This is the perfect refreshing appetizer to bring to a picnic, because it’s easy to carry in small Mason jars. And because you drink it straight from the jar, there’s no need for spoons!
- ServesServes 6-8
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingFreezes well
- 4 cups fresh watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups water
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 fresh tomatoes, hulled
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel (or sea salt)
- Pepper, to taste
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Garnish with basil leaves.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018