BANANA BREAD & GREEK YOGURT
My mom puts sour cream in her banana bread (I think she stole my best buddy Ricardo’s idea—okay, he’s not my best buddy, but I like to think he is), so I did something a little different and added Greek yogurt to mine. Honestly, it’s delicious and much healthier.
Since meat and fish have been making me feel ill these last few months, Greek yogurt has been my only source of protein. I put it on everything, and unlike other ingredients I’ve used excessively as of late, I’m not sick of it yet.
- ServesServes 8
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time25 min
- Timeout10 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
Replacement optionsor apple sauce
- 1 cup sugar
Replacement optionsor coconut sugar
- 1 egg
Replacement optionsor 1 tbsp ground chia seeds in 3 tbsp water
- 3 very ripe large bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup cup vanilla Greek yogurt
Replacement optionsor plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter with the sugar and egg. Add the bananas, mix well, and add the yogurt and lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients, mix well (but not too much) and pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool before serving.