OAT & YOGURT PANCAKES
For Halloween, I dressed up as a beached whale. I lay on the couch and went to bed at 9 p.m. It was an exciting night at the Champagne household. Today, I wasn’t sure what to do with all my energy, so I got started in the kitchen really early.
I made date energy bites, butter cookies, and oatmeal pancakes. Here’s that last recipe so you can put it on the menu for next weekend.
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time10 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
Replacement optionsor vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Oil or butter, for cooking
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Fresh fruits, for serving
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the yogurt. Add the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add the butter and set aside.
- In a lightly buttered or oiled non-stick pan, cook the pancakes one at a time over medium heat, using 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of batter. Cook for 1–2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018