Caramelized pears, fall spice & white chocolate frozen mousse
I’ve often said that once fall comes around, you can go from hypothermia to heat flashes in a moment.
So while yesterday I was craving a chai latte and a warm blanket, all I want today is a frozen desert. I’m as ironic as my outfit of the day: a huge sweatshirt over a skirt and flip-flops.
- Serves2 - 4
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time10 mins
- Timeout20 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
White chocolate mousse
- 1 bar (100 g) of white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup of 35 % cream
- 1 cup of whipped cream, homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Add the white chocolate to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Bring the cream to a boil in a pot. Pour onto the chocolate then let it all melt for 1 to 2 minutes without stirring. Mix until well-combined and smooth. Set aside.
- Pour the sugar, the pears, the spices in a pan and caramelize over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the white chocolate mix. Let cool at room temperature for 10 minutes. Slowly add the whipped cream, then pour into individual portions.
- Freeze for a minimum of 15 minutes, then serve.
Tips & tricks
– The above-mentionned spices can be replaced by an all-spice, powdered ginger and starred anise etc.