Saffron panna cotta
This recipe isn’t actually mine. I got it from my friend’s mom (hi Gustav!), who is a great cook. She tries truly surprisingly flavour combinations and always ends up with unexpected (good unexpected) results, like this saffron dessert. The taste of saffron is very subtle, but also very surprising in a dessert, so iit won’t go unnoticed.
If you’re not up to trying saffron, just leave it out. It will be just as good, believe me!
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time8 min
- Timeout6 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup 15% cooking cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 2 gelatin sheets or 1 package gelatin powder
- 1 cup plain Acitivia yogurt
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream, sugar, vanilla, and saffron. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add the gelatin to cold water and set aside to soften.
- Pass the cream mixture through a sieve to remove the saffron, and add the gelatin. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add the yogurt, mix well, and pour into ramekins.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours before serving.