Creamy caramel, crunchy milk chocolate & brownies in a jar
It was only a little while back that I made one of my dreams come true by launching my very own cake in grocery stores (exclusively in IGA groceries), and the epitome of my happiness was when I heard that the sales were still going strong and that people were going back for seconds and thirds.
It wasn’t an easy process, creating this cake, because I wanted to combine all the things that I like best… and unfortunately, that list is ENDLESS: chocolate, creamy textures, caramel, crunchy textures, mousse etc.
But we did it, and it’s quite impossible to describe the mindblowing taste of the cake. So I’ve created a mini dessert recipe to make at home, and it’s packed with all the goods our cake has. You can taste the homemade version of it, haha!
If you like this recipe, you’ll LOVE the frozen cake. I always have one in my freezer to have on hand if ever I have unplanned visitors.
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time30 mins
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup of brownies, broken into big pieces (homemade or store-bought)
- 4 vanilla ice cream scoops
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3/4 cup of cream
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, diluted with ½ cup of milk
- A small pinch of salt
Crunchy milk chocolate
- 100 g of milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup of rice puffs
- Chop the brownies into 4 equal parts and add them to 4 small jars, then set aside.
- Combine the sugar and water in a pot, and bring to a boil. Heat without stirring, until you get a nice golden caramel.
- Add the diluted cornstarch and salt, then bring to a boil to thicken the mix. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the caramel pudding into the jars and let cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler, or the microwave then add the cereals. Pour onto a parchment paper, then add to the refrigerator to cool it down.
- Chop the milk chocolate up roughly, then add to the jars in equal parts.
- Top each little jar with a vanilla ice cream scoop to serve.