Garlic pork loin & mushroom orecchiettes
Watch the video
Photo credit : Cindy Boyce
Here is a comforting meal for cooler fall days. You can obviously choose any kind of short pasta to make this recipe.
- Prep time35 min
- Cook time30 min
- Timeout10 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 4 pound Québec Pork loin
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped in half
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of salted herbs
- 1 bag of (500 g) orecchiettes
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 cups of white mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups of shiitakes, stemmed and quartered
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bunch of cress, cut in thirds
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Preheat your oven at 400°F, adjust rack to the middle of the oven.
- With a knife, cut 8 small openings in the loin, big enough for your garlic cloves, then slide them in.
- Brown the meat on each side in a non-stick pan on high heat, then baste with the Dijon mustard and salted herbs. Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, then let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- During this time, bring water to a boil in a large pot, and cook the pasta following the instructions on the box. Drain then set aside.
- Heat your oil in another pan, on medium-high heat, then cook the mushrooms, onions, garlic and thyme for 10 minutes. Add the cress and pasta, and make sure you season well. Add olive oil if needed.
- Serve the mushroom orecchiette’s with the pork slices.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018