Pulled pork & apricot barbecue sauce loaded nachos
- Serves8 to 10
- Prep time25 min
- Cook time6 hour 10 minutes
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 2 kg pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of salt
Apricot barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup of apricot jam
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 4 cups of corn chips
- 1/3 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of sliced olives
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the barbecue on high heat.
- Mix all the apricot barbecue sauce ingredients in a bowl, then set aside.
- Remove the pork’s rind with a knife, then slice the meat in half.
- Combine all spice ingredients and rub the meat with this mix.
- Lightly oil your barbecue grill, then roast your meat on all sides for a total of 10 minutes.
- Lay the meat in an aluminum plate then pour the sauce over it. Cover the meat with an aluminum foil to sealing it.
- Reduce heat to 300 °F, only keep one side lit. Move the piece of meat over to the side where there is no heat, close the barbecue cover then cook for 6 hours.
- Remove aluminum foil then pull the meat with 2 forks.
- Lay the corn chips onto a baking sheet then add the pulled pork atop them, drizzle with yogurt and top off with remaining ingredients.
Tips & tricks
The meat can be frozen.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018