Red wine, pancetta, & shallots pork ossobuco
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time4 hours
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 4 pork shanks
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 pancetta slices, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 3/4 cup of red wine
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and place the rack at the centre of it.
- Sprinkle flour onto each piece of meat.
- Heat the vegetable oil over high heat in a Dutch oven, then sear the pieces of meat on each side to get a nice colour to them. Add the shallots, garlic, pancetta and tomato paste then continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with red wine. Add the remaining ingredients, cover then cook for 4 hours.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018