Creamy mushroom, walnuts & lemon veal scallops
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time15 mins
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 300 g of veal scallops
Replacement optionsof porc chops
- 3 – 4 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3/4 cup of dehydrated mushrooms, chopped, rehydrated and strained
- 1/2 cup of veal stock
- 1/2 cup of 35% cream
- A drizzle of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- A bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- Lemon zest, as preferred
- Heat the vegetable oil over high heat in a pan, then sear the scallops for a minute on each side until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with two tablespoons of water, reduce heat then add the shallots and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and veal stock then keep cooking for another 2-3 minutes until the liquid goes down halfway. Add the cream and lemon juice and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the hazelnuts, parsley and lemon zest then warm the scallops in the sauce.
- Serve on long pasta or atop a bowl of rice.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018