Blueberry, basil & old cheddar French toast
This very gourmet recipe definitely brings French toast to the next level, and I am pretty proud of it!
The flavour of blueberries, mixed with a hint of cheddar and the taste of French toast, make me feel like I’m walking on clouds with every bite.
Have fun trying it with different cheeses!
- ServesServes 2
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time5 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 4 slices bread
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
- Butter, for cooking
- Maple syrup, for serving (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, and basil. Mash with a fork. Set aside.
- Spread the blueberry mixture evenly on two slices of bread, top with grated cheese and cover each slice with another piece of bread. Press the sandwiches together and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture and cook in the pan for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve as is or with maple syrup.