ROASTED EGGPLANT WRAP WITH SUNDRIED TOMATO SPREAD
This recipe is a complete package, but it can also be taken apart and made without the wrap because the sauce, on its own, is amazing served with vegetables, cheese, or crackers.
Like every wrap or sandwich recipe, I recommend making it your own and using whatever is in your fridge.
- ServesYields 4 wraps
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time20 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
For the spread
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1/2 cup de sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup firm tofu
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 fresh basil leaves
For the wraps
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, cut into 8
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
Replacement optionsOu de verdure au choix
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the eggplant into 1- slices and place on a baking sheet. Oil, season, and bake for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- In a pan, sauté the shallots in vegetable oil until soft.
- Transfer to a food processor, add the remaining spread ingredients, and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Squirt lime juice on the avocado.
- Spread the mixture on the tortillas, then garnish with eggplant, avocado, and alfalfa sprouts. Roll and slice.