Strawberry & chia seed jam
- ServesYields 3 cups
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time30 min
- Timeout4 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
- 6 cups of strawberries either whole or quartered (or any other small fruits)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of sugar (or maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Pour the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar into a pot. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, then continue cooking on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add chia seeds then stir for 1 minute.
- Pour into air tight containers and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before eating.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018