Duck rillettes & Fig jam
While this recipe might seem a bit harder to put together, it’s actually quite simple to do because there are only a few ingredients and most of all you’ll use your duck confit entirely! I really use up all the components, including the glaze and fat that are on the piece of meat.
- Serves2 ½ cup of rilettes
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time5 mins
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 duck legs confit, store-bought
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of fig jam (Bonne Maman)
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Remove the fat, glaze and flesh from the duck legs then add to three different bowls, and set aside.
- Melt the fat in the microwave, and set aside.
- Add the duck flesh in a Standing Mixer along with Dijon mustard and 2 tablespoons of jam and stir until well-combined. Add the duck fat slowly, in a drizzle until the mix becomes smooth. Season.
- Pour the mix into your preferred jar (Mason jar, Tupperware, Terrine etc.) then smooth the top. Set aside.
- Melt the duck glaze in the microwave, then add the remaining jam. Pour onto the rillettes, then refrigerate for an hour.