YOGURT, RASPBERRY & ALMOND SEMIFREDDO
For the past few weeks, I’ve been spending so much time working on the holiday magazine issue that I forget it’s summertime. Honestly, I’m almost surprised to feel the warm air when I step outside. That’s how immersed I am in creating holiday menus and winter décor ideas haha!
Yesterday, to get myself out of winter mode, my friend and I made semifreddo with yogurt and sweetened condensed milk. It takes literally five minutes to make. It’s basically like homemade ice cream, but you don’t need a machine to make it.
I have a feeling it would also be great as popsicles, so feel free to give that a shot.
- ServesServes 6-8
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time-
- Timeout3 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 1/4 cup cups (300 ml can) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups raspberry Greek yogurt
Replacement optionsor other flavour of your choosing
- 2 cups homemade whipped cream or Cool Whip®
- 1 cup silvered almonds
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
Replacement optionsor another fruit of your choosing
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, aside from the fresh raspberries.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap and pour in the mixture.
- Tap the pan against the counter to get rid of the bubbles and even out the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer, slice, and serve with fresh raspberries and almonds. Store in the freezer.