CHOCOLATE & ORANGE POT DE CRÈME
I have never laughed as much as when we filmed this video. I look like a crazy person who’s wolfed down chocolate on the sly (you have to see the end). I still crack up at the thought of it, even if it made me feel sick because the intense flavour was in my mouth just a little too long.
If I was super relaxed while filming, it’s because I’ve been making this recipe for ages. It’s handy for when I’m entertaining, because I can make it the day before.
If you’re not keen on the orange and chocolate combo, you can leave out the orange or replace it with lemon or lime zest.
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time2 hours
- Timeout5 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (optinal)
Replacement optionsou peut être remplacé par le zeste d’un agrume de votre choix
- In a bowl, beat the egg and sugar until you have a light yellow mixture. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk and cream until it bubbles. Pour it very slowly into the egg and sugar mixture while continuously beating.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve before transferring it back to the pot. Simmer for a minute over very low heat, then remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate and let stand until the chocolate is completely melted. Add the vanilla extract and orange zest. Mix well, pour into 4 cups, and refrigerate for 2 hours.