Creamy mushroom & maple sauce pork medallions
- Serves2 to 3
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time10 mins
- Timeout0 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 pork loin
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 box (227 g) of white mushrooms (or any other kind of mushroom)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup country-style cream 15 %
- 2 tablespoons of chives, minced
1. Dilute the cornstarch with water and set aside.
2. Slice the pork loin in 1 inch thick medallions. Season and set aside.
3. Heat the butter in a large pan then sauté the mushrooms without manipulating them thus colouring them evenly. Season then set aside in a bowl.
4. In that same pan, heat the vegetable oil then sear the meat for about a minute on each side to get a nice colour on them.
5. Add the cooked mushrooms, the cornstarch mix and all other remaining ingredients. Season generously, bring to a boil and cook for 4 minutes. Serve.