Salted Caramel pot de crème
Desserts that don’t require any baking or cooking are the absolute bomb! If I could never use my oven ever again, I would be in heaven! I always feel like ditching the oven each time I make desserts for my guests. This recipe allows me to prepare a dessert while the oven is being used for the main course or side dishes.
Anyways, I figured this recipe is fancy but will make your life easier whenever you are having many people over.
- Serves4 ( 450 ml )
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time5 mins
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 can (215 g) of Chocolats Favoris Salted Caramel fondue
- 1/2 cup of 35% cream
- 3/4 teaspoon of powdered gelatin
- 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt
- Caramel syrup (see tip below)
- Melt the chocolate fondue by following the directions on the can. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, warm the cream over medium heat. Let it simmer. Remove from heat and add the gelatin while whisking. Set aside for 2 minutes to let the gelatin melt entirely.
- Pour the cream mix onto the chocolate fondue and whip until you get a creamy and smooth texture. Add the yogurt.
- Pour the entire mix in individual cups and refrigerate for 1 hour or until it is firm.
- Serve with nuts, fruit, a buttery brioche or caramel syrup (see tip).
Tips & tricks
Here is how you whip up a homemade caramel syrup.
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ⅓ cup hot water
In a small pot and over medium heat, warm the sugar with 1 tbsp. of water. Warm the mix until it becomes golden brown.
Add ½ cup of water. Mix well and warm for 1 more minute.
If the mix is too runny, keep heating it until you get the right consistency.