Homemade peanut butter
Here’s my easy-peasy two-ingredient, two-step homemade peanut butter recipe.
I would like to dedicate this recipe to my dear friend Jean-François Roy, who has a Kraft™ bear tattooed over his heart. I’m thinking of calling his girlfriend to ask her to empty their store-bought jar of peanut butter and replace it with my recipe. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t even notice, ha ha!
My recipe: 56 calories per tablespoon (according to eaTracker).
Store-bought peanut butter: 90 calories per tablespoon.
- ServesYields 2 cups
- Prep time12 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 25 oz store-bought honey-roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or more, to taste)
- Pour the peanuts in a food processor and blend for 10 minutes, until the texture resembles dough, while scraping the edges of the bowl every 2–3 minutes.
- Add the peanut oil and process for 2 minutes or until texture is smooth.
Tips & tricks
This peanut butter can be stored for up to two weeks in an airtight container at room temperature.
The texture is perfectly smooth and creamy.